[CCC News] Bigpond Email Addresses moving soon...

Michael Kean michael at auzzie.net
Sun Jun 26 22:11:46 AEST 2016

Hi all :)

Just a quick note that if you have an email address that ends with
@bigpond.com or @bigpond.net.au it is likely you will soon receive an
email from Telstra to let you know they are going to change your email
settings in the coming weeks.

For some people it will be an easy change of one or two settings. For
others it might be more complicated.

If you'd like to get help from Telstra directly, a good way to do this
is by chatting with their representatives online via
http://livechat.telstra.com - saves being on hold or having to struggle
with understanding accents.

Of course, if you need more help you're welcome to get in touch with me
and I'll either help you in person or via TeamViewer
<https://www.teamviewer.com/en/> etc.

If you're a 'DIY' type person, you can also read up on it at
http://whrl.pl/ReEnzQ

Your email address isn't changing, but since you might need to
reconfigure a few things, this could be a good opportunity for you to
consider migrating to an email address that ends with @gmail.com or
@outlook.com so that you are no longer tied to Telstra. That way, later
on you can change Internet companies without having to worry about
losing your email address.

  - Gmail has built in spam filtering that is significantly better than
most other providers.
  - If you use Microsoft Outlook on your computer and want to sync your
calendar and contacts with your phone, an outlook.com address is a
better choice.

Cheers, Mike.

--
*Proprietor, Cool Country Consulting.*