[CCC News] Assorted News 40 - New Invoices, Temporary Reduction to Trading Hours.

Michael Kean michael at auzzie.net
Mon Dec 5 00:28:40 AEDT 2011

*In this edition:
**
*New Invoices, Temporary Reduction to Trading Hours.
*
**Assorted News:
*    New Invoices
Temporary Reduction to Trading Hours**
*
*

*New Invoices.

*My accounting system was initially written by myself in 1999, shortly
after I first commenced trading in Bourke as "Mike's Computer
Consultancy." Since then it's seen many small changes, but the process
for sending statements was painfully slow and as a result was usually
put off for later. Then of course, there'd be 100 statements to print
and fold, followed by 100 envelopes to try to goad through the printer
without jamming, etc.

To alleviate that annoyance, I've written a small change so that the
accounting system now includes what it /thinks/ is the account balance
whenever an invoice is written, along with a count of how many invoices
it /thinks/ is due.

Payments are usually processed once a month, just before processing the
Exetel accounts; so it is possible that it might say there are invoices
owing that have actually been paid.

*Temporary Reduction to Trading Hours.

*On Friday evening (2/12) my partner had a very sudden onset illness
resulting in an ambulance trip, and is now hospitalised for at least two
weeks. As a result, I'll be operating on reduced hours - probably 10am
to 2pm weekdays - in order to balance work, home and to help keep her
sane. My apologies for the hassle. The good news is that she will likely
make a full recovery.

*
*

Michael Kean
*Proprietor, Cool Country Consulting.*
Trading Hours: 10am to 8pm weekdays.
http://coolhelp.com.au/
Tel: 02 6775 0239 Fax: 02 8212 9582 Mob: 0427 644 825
Chat contacts: WLM: michael at auzzie.net Skype: cccons