[CCC News] What's Happening with Val & CCC?

Michael Kean michael at auzzie.net
Sat Sep 29 22:12:21 AEST 2012

Hi All :)

Just a quick note to let you know what's been happening lately, and
what's happening into the near future.

Val and I had a good two week holiday in WA.

Unfortunately we both picked up bugs while over there, eventually seeing
me wheel Val into ER at Coffs Hospital last Tuesday morning. She was
diagnosed with pneumonia and is making a reasonable recovery from that
while also receiving radiotherapy. (She's still admitted to hospital, I
am staying at the lodge on the hospital grounds.) I continue to battle
with the bug which seems quite happy to live with me rather than getting
stuffed - better than it was a week ago when I was the 'walking dead',
but annoying that my body seems happy to 'ignore' it rather than fight
it off. I may end up getting medical help.

I'm getting little work done at the moment, instead being an almost
full-time carer; so my apologies for any unanswered calls. I'm afraid
CCC is not doing much other than web site and email support at the
moment - largely due to a lack of time but also due to a full plate.

The final radiotherapy session is likely to be this Tuesday, but I'm not
sure if we're allowed to leave then. Time will tell. Val is making a
reasonable recovery, but there was some talk about them transferring her
to Armidale hospital instead.

I haven't had time to tidy up the photos of the holiday, so they're all
in one jumbled mess at
https://plus.google.com/photos/116830952460629218664/albums/5786541610631437953?banner=pwa
- there are some videos to follow.

Hope you're all well!