[CCC News] Assorted News 45: Cheap computers / Internet TV boxes, and a free cat...

Michael Kean michael at auzzie.net
Tue Jul 17 11:48:36 AEST 2012

G'day all :)

*Cheap Computers.*

Just before my world was turned upside down, I had received a donation
of about 7 computers and screens from Bald Blair Primary - I guess they
have so many laptops now that they no longer needed them. I took them
back to the office, reloaded Windows, and set them all up ready to go.
2.6Ghz.

They're small IBM computers not much bigger than a VCR.

If you have a flat screen TV and broadband, you might be interested in
snapping one up for use as an iView / YouTube / Internet TV / Media
Player box. They're all ready to go - just add a cordless mouse and
keyboard and you can enjoy TV On Demand for free. You can also attach a
USB Hard Drive to play all those movies the kids have, etc. You can also
store your DVD collection in them.

Pricing:
Older Pentium 4 model with 512M RAM = $40
Newer Pentium 4 model with 1GB RAM = $60
Large square 17" LCD = $35-$50 depending on condition.

*Free Cat...

*Back in 2009 a kitten appeared from nowhere and ran into our house.
She's been here ever since.

Our other cat, Prado, wasn't too impressed; and for the first two years
she'd attack Maddy (the kitten) whenever she could.

Recently, Maddy has outgrown Prado and turned the tables, and I've had
to take Prado to the vet twice now to get her face repaired.

So, I need to re-home Maddy.

She's an unusual cat - quite solid, with an attitude. Prefers to eat dog
rolls rather than canned fish, and likes milk. She's a desexed female,
black and brown tortoiseshell in appearance. Probably a good farm cat.

Here's some photos...
https://plus.google.com/photos/116830952460629218664/albums/5765947546363448129

If you want to give her a try, let me know :)

Well, that's it for this newsletter. Still doing fairly short days only
at the moment.

Cheers, Mike.

*Old Editions
*You can find old editions of this newsletter on  the CCC Blog.
http://auzzie.net/cccblog/

You can also subscribe or unsubscribe at
http://auzzie.net/mailman/listinfo/ccc-news_auzzie.net

--
*Proprietor, Cool Country Consulting.*
Trading Hours: 10am to 8pm weekdays.