[CCC News] Tidbit: Massive Price Reduction for Telstra Internet via Mobile

Michael Kean michael at auzzie.net
Tue Nov 23 10:48:31 AEDT 2010

G'day all :)

Just a quick note that today Telstra released some massively reduced
pricing on accessing the Internet via your Telstra phone.  (For example,
1GB for $10 2GB $20, etc.)

This means you can plug your phone into your computer (or do it
wirelessly if your phone supports it) and access the Internet at a
pretty decent speed provided you can get coverage.

For those of you on Satellite, this could well be much cheaper than
you're paying now, and with no contract on it.

Pricing details are at
http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/browsing_packs.html - and you can buy
online with just your name, DoB, address and account number.

If you're on the edge of coverage areas, some phones support plugging in
an extra antenna which I can source for you. (They usually have a small
rubber cap or a sliding door on the back.)

Those of you already using Telstra Browse Packs - I'm not sure exactly
what the upgrade process is. It might not be automatic, so you might
need to 'buy online' or give 'em a call.

Sadly you still need to be careful - they do charge $250 per GB if you
exceed your limit on the smaller plans. (25c per megabyte.) Thus it
might not be safe if you have irresponsible people in the house.

Cheers, Mike.

PS - No I'm not a Telstra / BigPond agent.

--
Cool Country Consulting&  Auzzie Internet
http://www.auzzie.net/ccc
MSN: michael at auzzie.net
Tel: 02 6775 0239
Fax: 02 8212 9582